Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Transfer 3 Week 2 May 12

I don´t really know what to talk about this week. I don´t even really know how to describe this week. Part of me wants to say that is was Great! But another part of me wants to say that is was less than satisfactory...I guess you can say that I am a little bit overwhelmed with the respnsibilities of a missionary. But then I think about all of the support and love that am recieving from my family and friends. And the amazing amount of love and help that I recieve from God everyday. It helps me to see the blessings of missionary work. It reminds me of a quote that I really like, ¨There is not one thing two people can´t do if one of them is The Lord¨. And I know that that is true. Because there is no way that I could be doing what I am doing without Him.

I don´t want to talk a lot about what I did this week. Rather, what I thought and felt this week. Something that I have been thinking about a lot is why missionary work is hard. There is not a missionary in the world who would say that his mission was easy. But when you think about it, missionaries literally have the Lord on their side. The Holy Ghost is always with them if they are obedient, and there are hundreds of thousands of people praying for them every day. You´d think that we should baptise everyday, and that we would never get sick, or injured. But, I don´t baptise everyday, and I could get sick or injured any day. Why?

It is because missionaries are working for the salvation of souls. I am here helping people understand who they were, who they are, and who they can become. I am here helping people to understand that they can live with their families for eternity. And I am here to help people learn how much God loves us, and wants us to return to him. 

What I am trying to say is that missionary work was never supposed to be easy. Because Salvation was never supposed to be easy. The reason we are on this Earth, is to progress and to learn how to return and live with our Father in Heaven. We live here by faith. This life would have no purpose, no meaning, if it were easy. Missions would have no purpose if they were easy. 

Yesterday, I got to talk to my family on Skype. I am so thankful for that opportunity, and I am so happy to see how well everyone is doing. I love you all!

And I would also like to congratulate my cousin Kendall who is entering the MTC this week.

Elder Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment