Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16 2014

This week was pretty good for me. We had a lot of lessons, and a lot of contacts, and I was able to make a lot of progress in my ability to talk to people in Spanish that I don´t know. One of the days this week for our companionship study, My companion and I studied the things that I want to say when I first contact someone. Then we went outside and contacted every person that passed us on the street. We were really successful. We now have 22 progressing investigators. And we got two Baptismal Dates set as well. And by the end of the day, I was able to do an entire contact while my companion was buying water in the store. That really helped my confidence a lot.

Also yesterday was the Confirmation of Ximena! The girl that was Baptised this last week. It was great to see how excited and happy she was to have the Holy Ghost with her. And, the other missionaries in Zaragoza had a Baptism yesterday as well! A 10 year old boy named Brayan. Yesterday was a really good day for the most part.

I say for the most part because yesterday one of the missionaries in my district found out that his cousin died in a car crash. He is a gringo like me, but has been here for a year. Two of his family members have died while he has been gone. It is amazing how strong he was about it and how happy he was for the rest of the day. It got me thinking a lot about my own family. I also have been having a lot of dreams about my family this week. So, I have been thinking a lot about familes this week, and how much I love my family. Even if I am not great at showing it all of the time, I do really love every single member of my family immediate and extended. Last night the Elder that lost his cousin asked me to write out the lyrics to ¨Families can be Together Forever¨ because he couldn´t remember them in English. I want to say, that I do know that our families can live together in Eternal Happiness with our Heavenly Father after this life if we are obedient to the commandments that God has given us. 

I also want to say congratulations to my cousin Bryan who recei

ved his mission call to Torreón Mexico! We are going to be really close! Torreón is in the same state as me!

Elder Earl

Oh ya! I forgot to mention. I am also teaching English every Saturday with Elder Hutchins the other Gringo in Zaragoza. It is pretty tough. I never thought that I would ever be teaching English to anyone in my life. And this week my companiona and I are going to start teaching Seminary as well! Every day at 6:30... No doubt he will be doing most of that because he can actually speak Spanish. But I will do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment