Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Week 4 in the MTC March 1, 2014

This last week was very exciting. We started doing TRC lessons this week. Basically, they assigned an investigator to me and my companion who we get teach four times a week for two weeks. Some of the TRCs are members, and some of them are real investigators, So, I don't really know which one our's is. But, his name is Carlos, and he is from Lima, Peru. And he is hilarious! He has a very thick accent when he speaks Spanish, so thankfully he speaks English as well. The best part about him is that he doesn't question anything. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith, and he accepted it right away! Also, He has already accepted the Book of Mormon as the word of God. He said "It seems to me that a book this inspired has to come from God". And he agreed to be baptised and to go to church! And, at the end of every lesson, he gives us our lesson topic for the next lesson. For example, yesterday at the end of our lesson, he said, "Next lesson, I want to talk more about repentance". Teaching him has been the most fun that I have had at the MTC. And I am glad that we get to do it for another week. 

This last Thursday, My companion and another Elder in my district went to Las Vegas for their visas, so I was reassigned to be the companion of the other Elder whose companion was gone. Elder Gibb. It was really though, because both of us have our own separate investigators we were teaching that day, so we taught four lessons that day, instead of the usual 1 or 2. It was really hard, because I had no idea how far he had progressed with his investigators, but it was good, because it helped prepare me for the field. His TRC investigator, Daniel, is really tough. For the first two lessons, Elder Gibb and Elder Bradley gave him, he would not let them teach anything, because he did not want to learn anything about the Church, but, Elder Gibb and I were finally able to get through to him, and he agreed to listen to the lessons from now on. The Spirit was so strong! It was really interesting going straight from Daniel to Carlos, because we had to work super hard just to get Daniel to let us talk about our Church, and then we went to Carlos who was practically begging us to ask him to be baptised! they are very different, but I love them both. I am a little sad that I wont get to teach Danel anymore though.

Friday was also very interesting. On this coming Monday, every district in my zone besides my district is going to report to the field! So they were all in "In-field training" all day. One elder in my district broke his arm on the 5th day that he was here, so his stay here was extended by two weeks. So, he got to join our district, for the day. And, on Tuesday, he is going to join our district permanently, until we leave two weeks later. And, there is a good chance that he is joining my companionship! I am excited, becasue I really like him, and he will be able to help a lot becasue his Spanish is really good. But, I do think that it is going to be really tough for him to stay here for an extra two weeks, while all of the friends he made in his district are leaving. But, he has a really good attitude about it all.

Today has been great so far, but two missionaries in my district woke up sick this morning. I really hope that I don't catch anything. the Temple was amazing as always, but it was sad that two of the companionships in my district couldn't go. 

I am doing great! Spanish is still coming. Slowly but surely. I can't wait until i get to Mexico. I should get my travel plans this Friday! Everyone reading this has to go and read St. John 16:33 in the New Testament. It is one of my favorite scriptures, and has really strengthened the love that I have for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Elder Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment